We are thrilled to welcome you to experience the unique atmosphere of St. Vincent’s Academy. We are happy to guide you through our admissions process, and we are always available to answer your questions and concerns.
Sunday, November 6, 2022, at 1:00pm in Sr. Jude Walsh Hall Gymnasium.
Sunday, January 8, 2023, at 1:00pm in Sr. Jude Walsh Hall Gymnasium.
Please sign up for one of our upcoming Open Houses by clicking here.
Why Choose an All-Girls School?
The benefits of an all-girls school versus a traditional co-ed school are many and have lasting impacts throughout a student’s life and career. Our students are surrounded by role models: every top scholar, team captain and student council leader is a girl.
- Our students receive personalized attention, nurturing, and encouragement.
- Instruction is custom-tailored to students’ needs and abilities.
- We encourage intellectual exploration, free of cultural stereotypes and unhealthy social distractions that can be inherent in coeducational dynamics.
- Girls become more involved in the classroom because they are less concerned about embarrassment or failure.
- Students are more likely to explore traditionally male-dominated areas of academics and extracurricular activities.
- Girls are challenged to put aside gender norms and step into positions of leadership.
- Studies show students who attend all-girls schools score higher on the SAT, are more interested in graduate school, and have higher academic self-confidence .
- Students who attend all-girls schools arrive at college more confident in their math and computer skills and show greater interest in engineering careers, according to studies.
- Graduates of all-girls schools report they are more likely to participate in student clubs or groups in college and are more politically engaged.
- Studies show all-girls schools produce more math and science college majors, more graduates who obtain doctorate degrees, and more graduates who pursue careers in STEM fields.