Tuition Rates 2019-2020
Participating Catholic Parishioners (Billed through Smart Tuition) $9,540
Families that support the Church spiritually and materially are eligible for this rate. Each Catholic Family must obtain a Diocese of Savannah Participating Parishioner Card from their pastor to qualify. Catholic families with more than one daughter attending SVA are eligible for a 2nd daughter reduced tuition rate of $7,632.
Non-Catholic/Inactive Parishioners (Billed through Smart Tuition) $11,539
Non-participating Catholics and families of other faiths will be charged this rate.
- Lunch Program (Billed through Smart Tuition with tuition. See Payment Options to left): $1,000 (Mandatory for All Students)
- Application & Re-enrollment Fee (All): – $200 until February 15th; $250 from February 16 to March 30th; $300 after March 30th. Non-refundable payment is due with the New Student Application/Re-enrollment in order to initiate the scheduling process.
- Activity/Course Fee Billed through Smart Tuition): $350 (All) This fee includes student accident insurance, student retreats, yearbook, and admission to home athletic games on SVA property (with the exclusion of state playoffs) as well as class fees such as book rental, science lab fee, technology fee, fine arts fee, and health fee. Art and other specialty electives may require additional supply/field trip fees. AP Test/Class fees are not included in Activity/Course Fee.
- Graduation Fee (Seniors Only): $150
Families will be billed through Smart Tuition for tuition and fees. Families must enroll at www.enrollwithsmart.com using school code 11665. Returning families who were enrolled with Smart Tuition the previous year will automatically be re-enrolled.
One annual payment of tuition due July, 2019. ($250 discount for full payments made in July)
Semi-Annual option with payments August and December, 2019
Quarterly (Aug., Nov., Feb., and May) or ten monthly payments (Aug. – May)Smart Tuition Enrollment Instructions
Textbooks (used and new) can be purchased at MBS Direct. Put the following link in your browser to access our online bookstore http://bookstore.mbsdirect.net/svaga.htm The school will no longer hold used book sale.
Tuition Assistance 2019-2020
Tuition Assistance must be applied for each year and is awarded based on the financial need calculated from the Smart Tuition Aid Application. Applications must be submitted online at https://smartaidforparents.com using school code 11665. The completed application, along with the processing fee and all required paperwork is sent directly to Smart Tuition Aid by March 8, 2019. St. Vincent’s Academy will notify those who applied for tuition assistance of the award status in May.Smart Aid Online Instructions
The generosity of our alumni, friends and the Sisters of Mercy helps us to achieve our goal of making a St. Vincent’s Academy education affordable for those who want the best for their daughters. St. Vincent’s Academy utilizes the services of Smart Tuition Aid to determine financial need. The Smart Tuition Aid Application is returned directly to the company, not the school, and must include all the required paperwork and processing fee. Only one Smart Tuition Aid Application per family should be completed each year.
GRACE Scholarship Program
Students who are/were enrolled in a Georgia public school for the 2018-19 school year and who have a demonstrated financial need may qualify for tuition assistance through the GRACE Scholarship Program. Incoming students who received the GRACE Scholarship during the 2018-19 school year are also eligible to apply. The dollar amount of the award varies based on financial need and must be applied for each year. GRACE Scholarship Application must be submitted by March 1 and the online Smart Tuition Aid Application must be completed by March 8, 2019.Grace Scholarship Process and Application
Diocesan Financial Aid
The Savannah Diocese offers financial aid to who have a demonstrated financial need. The Smart Tuition Aid Application and all paperwork must be submitted by March 8, 2019.
Sibling discounts of 20% are applied to the 2nd daughter enrolled at St. Vincent’s Academy.
Many parishes offer tuition assistance to registered, active parishioners who are enrolled at St. Vincent’s Academy. Check availability and procedures with your pastor.
McAuley and Principal Scholarships have specific criteria and timelines.
Please refer to the specific scholarship for information.
THE MCAULEY SCHOLARSHIP
ACADEMICS . LEADERSHIP . SERVICE . ARTS
Value: $5,000/each (Two Incoming 9th Graders Chosen in Each Category)
The McAuley Scholarship Program at St. Vincent’s Academy is a new and exciting scholarship program set up to reward students who excel in specific areas with substantial scholarship awards that are earned in respective areas of excellence.
• Two scholarships will be awarded in each category of academics, leadership, service and the arts for a total of eight scholarships awarded to incoming freshmen each year.
• These scholarships are renewable for each year the student attends St. Vincent’s Academy if they continue to meet scholarship criteria by excelling in their field of excellence. The scholarship is named after Catherine McAuley who founded the Sisters of Mercy in 1831.
Requirements and Application:
In order to earn one of these scholarships, a student must display outstanding proven excellence in academics, leadership, service or outstanding ability in the arts.
Each of these scholarships requires:
• McAuley scholarship application
• essay, video, journal or other creative display showcasing supporting evidence of the student’s strengths and why they should be chosen for the scholarship
• a letter of recommendation from a teacher, coach or adult mentor
• completion of the SVA Placement Test
• completion of the SVA application process
(the placement test and application to SVA can be completed after submitting scholarship application)
A student may apply in multiple categories but must provide different supporting documentation and can only be chosen in one category.
PRINCIPAL’S MERIT SCHOLARSHIP
Value: $1,000/each (One Incoming 9th Grader Awarded from each of our Four Feeder Schools)
The Principal’s Merit Scholarship at St. Vincent’s Academy provides scholarship to academically gifted students who achieve the top score in their school on SVA’s placement test. Students from each of our four feeder school who score the highest on St. Vincent’s Academy’s Placement Test will be awarded $1,000 to be used towards SVA tuition during their Freshman year. Feeder schools for St. Vincent’s Academy include: Blessed Sacrament Catholic School, Hancock Day School, St. James Catholic School and St. Peter the Apostle Catholic School. You do not need to apply for this scholarship as it is automatically awarded to the top tester from these schools.