We are thrilled to welcome you to experience the unique atmosphere of St. Vincent’s Academy. We are happy to guide you through our admissions process, and we are always available to answer your questions and concerns.
Why Choose an All-Girls School?
The benefits of an all-girls school versus a traditional co-ed school are many and have lasting impacts throughout a student’s life and career. Our students are surrounded by role models: every top scholar, team captain and student council leader is a girl. An all-girls school also focuses on girls’ distinct learning style and responds to constantly evolving research on the learning differences between girls and boys.
- Our students receive personalized attention, nurturing, and encouragement.
- Instruction is custom-tailored to students’ needs and abilities.
- We provide an environment for intellectual exploration, free of cultural stereotypes and unhealthy social distractions that can be inherent in coeducational dynamics.
- Girls become more involved in the classroom because they are less concerned about embarrassment or failure.
- Our students are more likely to explore traditionally male-dominated areas of academics and extracurricular activities.
- Girls are challenged to put aside gender norms and step into positions of leadership.
- Studies show students who attend all-girls schools score higher on the SAT, are more interested in graduate school, and have higher academic self-confidence than female students who attend traditional co-ed schools.
- Students who attend all-girls schools arrive at college more confident in their math and computer skills and show greater interest in engineering careers, according to studies.
- Graduates of all-girls schools report they are more likely to participate in student clubs or groups in college and are more politically engaged.
Though detractors claim that girls’ schools do not prepare girls for the “real world”, research continues to validate the advantages of single-sex education for girls. Many studies cite higher test scores and superior reading, writing, and science skills.
Reports also demonstrate that all-girls’ schools produce more math and science college majors, more graduates who obtain doctorate degrees, and more graduates who pursue careers in STEM fields. Young women leave girls’ schools with the tools and confidence necessary for academic and personal success in college and beyond.
The Finance Office of St. Vincent’s Academy handles all financial transactions for the school, including tuition and financial aid. The tuition rate is established each year by the SVA School Board at their spring meeting. Tuition can be paid in full by July 1st (which qualifies for a discount) or it can be paid monthly, quarterly or semi-annually through the SMART TUITION Management Program.
In order to receive the Catholic tuition rate, a Participating Parishioner Card must first be received by the SVA Admissions Office. Financial Aid is issued based on the information that parents provide on the SMART Aid application. All Financial Aid applications must be submitted each year by March 1st. Parents will be notified in May regarding the status of their application.
For more information, please call the Finance Office at 912-226-1716.
- Tuition and Payment Plans
- Financial Aid
- Grace Scholars
Student Shadow Request Forms
“We looked at several schools but St. Vincent’s was definitely the right choice – it was the best thing we ever did. Our daughter was not meeting with much success where she was and was always stressed. But at St. Vincent’s she got more attention – they really cared about her there. And her personality came out. Her whole personality changed for the better. She’s made wonderful lifelong friends, she got a great education, she’s going on to college – she’s a happy, well-adjusted child. I don’t know if all of this would have happened had she gone somewhere else. We just had such a positive experience.”
– Sally Minis, parent of Peggy Minis, Class of 2005
If this sounds like the environment you’ve been looking for to enrich your daughter’s life, then we invite you and your daughter to get a first-hand look at SVA. Come join a school tour with one of our staff member alumnae and let your daughter get the full experience of a day in the life of an SVA student. We want you to get a glimpse of the special sisterhood our girls, past, present, and future, enjoy.
If you are interested in having your daughter shadow a student at St. Vincent’s Academy, please complete and sign our Student Shadow Request form online below and read through the Student Shadow Policy (yellow box below.) DON’T FORGET TO CLICK THE LINK TO SIGN UP FOR A SHADOW DAY AFTER FILLING OUT THE FORM. THIS ALLOWS YOU TO SELECT A DATE. THANK YOU. Questions? Call Caroline Archer at (912) 226.1749 or email email@example.com. Click here to sign up for a shadow day!